A sustainable way of specifying
Here at Crest we are very aware of our responsibilities with regards to looking after the environment. We endeavour to always specify the most sustainable products available in our portfolio, and we are very happy to say that our long-standing partnerships with some of the most iconic furniture manufacturers in Europe reflect these beliefs.
- Artifort wishes to minimize the environmental impact of its activities, products and services. Future generations depend on it, and this is very important to them as a family business. The sustainable production of the Artifort is based on the following pillars:
- Reuse and re-upholstery
- Sustainable materials and products
- Limit CO2 emissions
- Certified suppliers
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
- In the production of its furniture, Artifort uses as many sustainable materials as possible and places high demands on these materials. Fabrics with the EU Ecolabel or the Ökotex standard 100 label, PEFC or FSC certified wood and powder coating instead of chrome are some examples.
- Producing in a sustainable way starts with purchasing the right sustainable materials. Only high-quality sustainable materials find their way to Artifort. They only purchase these sustainable materials from certified suppliers.
- Every Artifort product has an eco product passport that displays the material composition with weight percentages of the product. Furthermore, it displays sustainable pillars and certificates that apply to the specific product. The Artifort eco material passport contains:
- material composition with weight percentages.
- reuse waste materials and re-upholstery policy
- packaging and logistic
“We believe that it is important to make our contribution to a sustainable world. The quality of Artifort furniture is such that is lasts a lifetime, so that it can be passed on from generation to generation”
Sustainability is taken seriously at Artifort. From energy saving production processes, use of sustainable materials, a comprehensive recycling program, and the optimization of energy consumption at their production plants, they do their best to contribute to a healthy and clean environment. Reupholstering existing furniture is a sustainable way of upgrading or refreshing your interior design. If you have an Artifort piece that you would like refreshed in this way please get in touch. We can help arrange this for you.
- Luceplan has always been engaged in technological and design research on light as a tool to improve human wellbeing and environmental quality.
- The company sees the following values as fundamental factors for the sustainability of its practices:
- sustainable growth and development;
- ethical-environmental responsibility;
- protection and nurturing of human resources;
- research and innovation;
- safeguarding of the environment and protection of the ecosystem;
- dialogue and transparency.
- On a practical note, there are also spare parts available for some Luceplan products, extending their lives substantially – take a look at the spare parts section of our website for more information.
As a production unit CSrugs are even more conscious of every step they make while creating their rugs.
A broad number of measures have been taken to produce as green as possible. Careful selection of materials, saving energy and recycling are deeply rooted. And it’s an ever evolving process.
Click to find out more about their sustainability awareness.